Zonguldak Karaelmas University was established on 11 July 1992 with the law numbered 3837. With this establishment, our Faculty was established as one of the seven faculties of Zonguldak Karaelmas University.
Our faculty has been offering education and training services with 13 academic staff in Mining Engineering, 20 academic staff in Mechanical Engineering, 14 academic staff in Geomatics Engineering, 14 academic staff in Electrics and Electronics Engineering, 16 academic staff in Civil Engineering, 17 academic staff in Environmental Engineering, 6 academic staff in Geology Engineering, 7 academic staff in Biomedical Engineering, 9 academic staff in Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, 7 academic staff in Food Engineering and 12 academic staff in Computer Engineering
Besides, there is 1 academic staff in our aerospace engineering,
Our faculty which forms the core of our University is the continuation of the school Vocational School of Mining and Mine Foremen which was established in 1924 and continued to offer educational and training services with some name, content changes and discontinuities until 1961.
The actual establishment of the Faculty took place with the law numbered 165 issued in 1962 which moved the mentioned school to Istanbul Technical University and which established a Technical School in Zonguldak with four departments: Mining, Civil and Electrics Engineering. According to this law, the construction of the Technical School was initiated in 1968 and as the construction was in progress, Zonguldak Technical School was converted into Zonguldak State Engineering and Architecture Academy (SEAA).
The Academy started its educational and training services in 1975 reporting to Istanbul State Architecture and Engineering Academy in its Mining Engineering and Mechanical Engineering departments with 200 students.
Later, with the law numbered 2809 issued in 1981, Zonguldak SEAA was converted into “Hacettepe University Zonguldak Faculty of Engineering”
In the beginning of 1990s, the Faculty continued to offer its educational and training services in its administrative building of 1144 m2 , Mechanical Engineering building of 6300 m2 , Mining Engineering building of 4180 m2, Civil Engineering building of 5500 m2 , Electrics and Electronics Engineering building of 5600 m2, Basic Sciences building of 3900 m2, Social Facilities building of 2500 m2 in a total indoors building area of 29174 m2 on 257800 m2 campus area with its Mining and Mechanical Engineering departments.
Zonguldak Karaelmas University was established on 11 July 1992 with the law numbered 3837. With this establishment, our Faculty became one of the 7 faculties of Zonguldak Karaelmas University and the facilities the faculty possessed formed the core and infrastructure of the newly-established University.
In our Faculty where education and training services were offered only in Mechanical and Mining Engineering departments from the establishment of Zonguldak SEAA in 1975 until the conversion into Zonguldak Karalemas University Faculty of Engineering in 1992, Geodesy and Photogrammetry Engineering Department was established in 1994-1995 academic year, Electrics and Electronics Engineering department was established in 2001-2002 academic year, Mechanical Engineering department evening education section was established in 2001-2002 academic year and started offering educational services at bachelor’s degree. In 2006-2007 academic year, department of Environmental Engineering started admitting students for bachelor’s degree. In 2011-2012 academic year, departments of Geology Engineering and Biomedical Engineering, in 2013-2014 academic year, department of Metallurgy and materials Engineering and in 2014-2015 academic year department of Food Engineering started to admit students for bachelor’s degree.
In the structural diagram of our Faculty, there are Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Mechatronics Engineering departments which are not active except those mentioned above.
Our Mining, Mechanical, Geomatics, Environmental, Electrics-Electronics and Civil Engineering departments also have PhD programs.